Learn More About Us
about hamilton partners
HAMILTON PARTNERS (HPAU) is an independent management consulting firm based in Sydney, Australia, with team members and clients in Australia, USA, and Canada. The firm was originally founded in 2009 as Hamilton Partners LLC based in Seattle, USA.
Hamilton Partners offers its services to senior management and operation teams seeking to make impactful organizational changes to optimize the opportunities for the success of their lines of businesses.
HPAU works closely with clients to identify and address critical strategic issues for building or re-setting their foundation for growth. Focus is placed on vital baseline areas frequently overlooked by management team members forced to ‘wear too many hats’ including business plan development, organization structure identification and refinement, finance operations, social media strategy and capital structure.
Hamilton Partners provides personalized senior level attention leveraging over 20 years’ experience in senior executive finance and operations management, investment banking, corporate finance, and general management operations.
Typically, such execution resources are not readily accessible to early and mid-stage management teams at a reasonable cost or with substantive focus of senior level advisors.
Successful outcomes begin with a deep understanding of client businesses in order to leverage that insight to set strategy, deploy people, implement processes, and develop key metrics to unlock and realize value. Hamilton Partners clients typically face immediate challenges, need preparation for a
strategic event (capital raise, sale, acquisition) or acknowledge the potential opportunity for transition in taking their companies “to the next level.”
As a trusted partner, HPAU’s experience and commitment can assist to drive accelerated organic and external growth, increased profits, maximization of shareholder value and achievement of personal wealth and strategic objectives. The firm works closely with client teams to help develop and/or articulate their business journey and opportunities ahead for the business. In addition, HPAU is well positioned to dive into the business with management services, including interim CFO and operating roles.
Founder and Managing Director
- C-Suite and Executive Advisory, Strategy, Finance, Operations and General Management
- Over 20+ years of driving operational success – Organic expansion, product development, revenue diversification, expense rationalization, partnerships, joint ventures, inorganic acquisitions, divestments, global platforms, and stakeholder management with early, mid-stage and large-scale enterprises
- Deep transaction and execution experience – 10+ years of investment banking transactions including public equity/debt, M&A and advisory assignments across 3 continents (50 transactions, US$1.1B+); Strategic minority corporate investments leadership (ranging US$500K – US$2M); Start-up clients capital raising ($2M+)
- Healthcare, Technology, Consumer Goods, Industrial and Financial Services sectors
- Guiding Principles – With very modest life beginnings, and early work experience starting as a teen, learnt at an early age that hard work, attention to detail, welcoming change and challenge, treating others well and giving back to our communities is well rewarded.
PILLARS OF SUCCESS
✓ STRATEGY: Listens, understands, and runs efficient processes to develop and implement strategy reflecting owner/management vision, business objectives, infrastructure needs and cultural values.
✓ GROWTH: Collaborates with multiple stakeholders including owners, management, Boards and cross functional teams to devise blueprint for scalability, engagement, productivity and cost controls leading to increasing revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
✓ LEADERSHIP: “Digs in and rolls up sleeves” to harness the power and knowledge of people and teams to build credibility, consistency, and embrace of change leading to innovation, transformation and business success.
✓ Trusted Advisor, Business Partner and Strategic Executor
- Developed and executed transformative client and corporate strategic business plans and corporate presentations in multiple industries for day-to-day strategic and logistical operations, financial management, fostering innovation and continuous improvement as well as exploring ongoing strategic alternatives.
- Restructured health plan consumer facing operations ($2B Turnover) beating multi-million-dollar revenue target by 9%, achieved 54% operating gain, and slashed selling, general and administrative margin by 2.8%. Surpassed projected membership rate by 5% as well as realized lower dis-enrollment and retention rates.
- Reorganized early stage company (<$10M Turnover) operational and financial infrastructure to position for growth and scale: structured finance organization, analyzed and rationalized lines of businesses, reduced expenses by 15%, increased margins and drove losses to net book profit within 12 months.
- Analysed and led high visibility, successful international initiatives including: business divestitures (Mumbai, Singapore, Hong Kong) and operational optimisations (US, Australia, Philippines and Canada). Did not have previous business activity in these regions prior to work assignments/consulting engagements.
VP, Enterprise Growth Strategy – Healthfirst (US Not for Profit- pioneered value based managed healthcare)
RVP, Medicaid State Operations – Anthem Inc. (US National Health Insurance Plan) – 300+ direct/indirect reports
Management Consultant, Founder – Hamilton Partners (Interim executive roles, management business advisory)
COO/CFO, 365 RPM Group Pty Ltd, a/k/a LeadMaster Australia (Software/IT Services)
SVP, Director, VP, Associate, Analyst – US Investment Banking , Cascadia Capital, Pacific Crest (KeyBanc), PaineWebber (UBS), Sutro & Co (RBC), Oppenheimer & Co., Shearson Lehman Hutton (Lehman Bros.)
Senior Director, Corporate Development – Aprisma Management Technologies (US Software)
Contract Negotiator/Revenue Analyst – Oracle Corporation
QUALIFICATIONS | BOARD
Master of Business Administration (MBA) | The Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, USA (1995)
Bachelor of Arts (BA) | Stanford University, USA (1989)
Associate (ASA) | CPA Australia
Board Member | PENCIL, Inc. | 2018 – Present (www.pencil.org)
Connecting underprivileged/underserved youth to business community and university/career opportunities